1.9
Style and Design

My unfortunate experience with this company lasted just shy of 5 months. I purchased a sectional from them on 3/25/17.

They placed the order with the manufacturer wrong (it happens) and when they fixed it an additional month was added to our order (not cool). And no one told us. When we found out about the delay we asked for a refund but were refused by the store manager. That was only the beginning.

The first of three wrong couch configurations delivered in late May. At that point I posted a negative review and suddenly the store manager was offering a refund and asking my wife to ask me to take the review down. I got hold of the regional manager who assured me he would make it right. Fast forward a month to failed delivery #2.

We were offered a refund again. This is where I messed up. If a furniture store couldn't do their job after 2 tries, I should have taken my refund and walked away. But I really liked the couch, so I opted to give Hudson's one more try at the whole being a furniture store thing.

Fast forward to early August and failed delivery #3. This time the regional manager wasn't so nice. Apparently being a paying customer who keeps getting the wrong merchandise shipped to him is a big no no on Planet Hudson. After getting snippy (it was pretty funny, actually) he hung up on me.

That'll teach me for him messing up! I went to Josh Hudson to get the refund handled. And I asked for compensation for the nearly 5 months that my money was tied up with his company. I got my refund...and the offer of store credit or a discount.

That last part wasn't a joke. I'm being totally serious. The company that sent me the wrong merchandise for five months, then got mad at me about it, offered me a discount on buying something else from them. There is a happy ending: I walked into an Ashley HomeStore in Sanford on a Tuesday, paid for a sectional, and it was in my living room (in the correct configuration) that Thursday afternoon.

We were so happy with the professionalism at Ashley HomeStore that we returned yesterday evening and purchased a dinette set from them. Read between the lines of the rehearsed, hollow sales platitudes of the Hudson's Furniture staff.

Their combo of not caring about getting it right, not wanting to get it right, and not wanting to make things right after the fact is an epic blunder compounded with epic blunders. Especially considering all of the comparably priced competition in the immediate Sanford area.

Review about: Hudsons Furniture Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Condescending management, Getting hung up on by regional manager, Offered financial comp them rescinded, 3 wrongdeliveries in 5 months, Lack of human decency.

Comments