Hudsons Furniture - Unethical Service: What to look for and how to protect yourself
This company is unethical. Let me explain why. If you order a new piece of furniture chances are you will receive a used piece. If it does not arrive at your house in the original factory box, it was a returned item. I have seen them fix completely damaged items and ship it to the customer as new. I have seen them ship furniture that was previously owned as new. The customer is not aware the furniture was damaged or previously returned.
The delivery teams are trained to hide any damaged areas so the customer are not aware until it is to late. Their trailers are filthy and leak when it rains. If the furniture damage cannot be fixed or the customer saw damage during delivery, the furniture is brought back to the warehouse, fixed and shipped out to the next customer as a new piece. They will keep reshipping the refurbished furniture until someone takes it.
When I walked through the warehouse all I could hear is Nig** this and Nig** that. I never heard so many racial slurs in my life, complete lack of respect for anyone. When I looked down at one of the departments I saw mattresses with urine, mold and god knows what against furniture that was send back and going out. In the beginning of the tour, one delivery team member looked like he just got out of prison. The company should think about their appearance and have people hide their prison tattoos.
1. If you order anything at all, have it delivered in the original factory box unopened. If it is damaged, make sure the replacement is delivered in an unopened factory box. If not, you’re getting a refurbished piece at new customer price.
2. Inspect the piece within three days. Look at the corners. If the gloss, color or the lines does not look right…return it. Corners and legs are not most common places for damage.
3. Most of the pieces like Riverside, Cortina Collection and others will state “Quality Wood” it is not wood. Almost every thing you see is foam injected or pressed cardboard. It is very misleading. It will look and feel like wood but it is not wood.
4. Know what to pay. Take the highest marked price and take 70% away. That is what the Hudson’s paid for the piece. Negotiate from there.
5. If you buy the warranty make sure everything they tell you is in the contract. They will say anything but will not honor anything if it is not in writing.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Employee Experience
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I actually work at portrait innovations in tn and I agree. They are a horrible corporate run money sucking company that doesn't care about you or your family or their..."
- "*** poor made pizza more sauce than toppings I wouldnt feed this *** pizza to the homeless ppl I worked here an no wonder their food sucks who would do..."
- "Ive recently found out that they have 2 offices, one in Las Vegas and one in Cebu, Philippines...they will be closing the Las Vegas one pretty soon. They run a..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "Found speaker boombox from Zapals. Good sound quality, soothing color with LED light, this Bluetooth speaker has not one, but two loudspeaker units built inside its body, providing you with..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "My family of 5 went on vacation to Disney World last April. On the first day we were there I was injured while sitting in my wheel chair at the..."
- "Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this Abuzaid brother a â€œmechanic you can trustâ€? Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this..."
- "I have purchased 2 king sheet sets, a kind bedding set, a leather wallet, an 8 gig iPod Touch, and a Swarovski grab bag from this company last month. The..."