This company is unethical. Let me explain why. If you order a new piece of furniture chances are you will receive a used piece. If it does not arrive at your house in the original factory box, it was a returned item. I have seen them fix completely damaged items and ship it to the customer as new. I have seen them ship furniture that was previously owned as new. The customer is not aware the furniture was damaged or previously returned.
The delivery teams are trained to hide any damaged areas so the customer are not aware until it is to late. Their trailers are filthy and leak when it rains. If the furniture damage cannot be fixed or the customer saw damage during delivery, the furniture is brought back to the warehouse, fixed and shipped out to the next customer as a new piece. They will keep reshipping the refurbished furniture until someone takes it.
When I walked through the warehouse all I could hear is Nig** this and Nig** that. I never heard so many racial slurs in my life, complete lack of respect for anyone. When I looked down at one of the departments I saw mattresses with urine, mold and god knows what against furniture that was send back and going out. In the beginning of the tour, one delivery team member looked like he just got out of prison. The company should think about their appearance and have people hide their prison tattoos.
1. If you order anything at all, have it delivered in the original factory box unopened. If it is damaged, make sure the replacement is delivered in an unopened factory box. If not, you’re getting a refurbished piece at new customer price.
2. Inspect the piece within three days. Look at the corners. If the gloss, color or the lines does not look right…return it. Corners and legs are not most common places for damage.
3. Most of the pieces like Riverside, Cortina Collection and others will state “Quality Wood” it is not wood. Almost every thing you see is foam injected or pressed cardboard. It is very misleading. It will look and feel like wood but it is not wood.
4. Know what to pay. Take the highest marked price and take 70% away. That is what the Hudson’s paid for the piece. Negotiate from there.
5. If you buy the warranty make sure everything they tell you is in the contract. They will say anything but will not honor anything if it is not in writing.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Employee Experience
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We bought 3 pieces of furniture from The Melbourne location...... the sectional sofa looked great but the fabric which was according to the sales person was leather began to split..."
- "I worked for BathPlanet of Charlotte NC in Ft. Mill Sc for 3 months. They go under the name of Paradise home Improvement. They have changed their name countless times..."
- "I wish the past two years of my life could have been spent doing things more beneficial for this planet. However, I fell under the spell of corporate leadership..."
- "Try buying a car from Carmax who "Claims" they do quality certified inspection on their cars before they sale them, and they let you go off the lot with a..."
- "3rd time and still can't get it right. Buyer Beware. Mattress Firm located in Kissimmee at the loop area very poor customer service and poor products. This is how my mattress that..."
- "So I joined everything was good and stuffs then I started to have issues with logging to my account so I had to contact them so they told me they..."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."
- "Good Afternoon Ms Rodriguez, I an sending this email to request a refund on the improper fitting dentures that Merit Coast made. As we previously discussed when I first went to the..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."